Welcome to NCALA!
Change to HCPR Listing Verification Process
Please review the attached memo from the Health Care Personnel Education and Credentialing Section regarding changes to the process for checking listings on the Health Care Personnel Registry.
NCALA Support of Membership
- NCALA Education Foundation completely funded the Music & Memory℠ program for eight NCALA member communities.
- Hosted the ALFA Senior Living 2025 tour.
- Revised AIT program now consists of 20 hours of study and 100 hours of hands-on training with a preceptor in a community.
- Rules Review Committee has reviewed all of the Adult Care Home rules found in 10A NCAC 13F.
- NCALA Executive Forum, January 13, 2016, to discuss final recommendations and Public Policy issues with DHSR/ACLS and the legislature.
- Ridge Care/NCALA free training for CEUs, including free Dementia training.
- Letter to CMS regarding a further 1% PCS cut.
- Karen Mosley Administrator-in-Training Scholarship.
- Legislative: Restore Medical Expense tax deduction, CON, Medicaid Reform, moratorium on SCUs extended until June 30, 2017.
- Family Care Home Orientation classes developed and approved by ACLS.
- ACLS-approved Policies and Procedures for Adult Care Facilities developed.