Listed below are current assisted living job opportunties in NC. If you are a NCALA member company and are hiring for any level of staff, as a free member benefit you may have your job posting included here. For more information or to Post Job Ads on the NCALA Career Center: Read This.
What members are saying: “The NCALA Career Center is such a great service. I always have more response from there than an expensive ad in the newspaper. I have identified a great candidate!”
Current Job Listings:
Assisted Living Director, Winston-Salem, NC - April 16, 2013
Our Associates — Partners in Our Vision
Heritage Woods is a full-service, senior living community offering a unique environment for residents to share their passions while enjoying a quality lifestyle. If you are someone who has a passion for seniors and customer service, we are looking for you! We are looking for genuine, motivated, caring people to join our team.
The Assisted Living Director is responsible for the coordination, direction, and operations of our assisted living program.
Here are a few of the responsibilities and tasks that are expected of our Assisted Living Directors on a daily basis:
- Ongoing staff training and competency evaluation.
- Hires exceptional and qualified staff.
- Approaches all encounters with residents and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Complies at all times with KISCO and state standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient property operations.
- Supervises employees within the parameters of KISCO policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the orientation and training of staff.
- Meets with prospective residents, assesses in accordance with appropriate move-in criteria, monitors progress of each resident, responsible for discharge of residents who are no longer appropriate for the setting.
- Controls and administers all resident medications within the regulations imposed by the state.
- Markets the residence to the community, including, but not limited to, speaking to groups, meeting with professionals, conducting tours, attending appropriate conferences.
- Responsible for preparing department annual budget, conducting surveys for wages, rents, and expenses.
- Maintains emergency plans and meets all safety requirements imposed by outside agencies such as OSHA, EEOC, DFS and/or DSS.
- Responds in a tactful and timely manner to all complaints by staff, residents and/or family members.
- Maintains all information, files, and reports pertinent to the operation of the residence.
- Reviews Daily Line-up and PVB”s with associates and demonstrates PVB’s.
- Utilizes KISCO recognition programs Networks within the community at large.
- Ensures on-call coverage.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate systems to ensure organization, compliance with state regulations and resident care needs are met.
- Attends appropriate trainings to continue professional and personal growth.
- Understands and performs duties of Manager-on-Duty (MOD) as needed.
- Takes an active part in ongoing quality improvement activities Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Registered Nurse; BS in human services, psychology, nursing, or related field.
- 2 years of experience or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) with 3 years of supervisory experience in multiple departments.
- Experience working with seniors is important.
Must have or be able to obtain the appropriate state license required by law (licensed as RN/LPN/LVN, CPR and First Aid certification, and Universal Precautions trained).
To apply for this position, please e-mail résumés to: email@example.com.
Executive Director, Thomasville, NC - April 26, 2013
Spring Arbor of Thomasville is a senior living community looking for someone who has a passion for seniors. We are looking for a genuine, motivated and caring person to join our team. The Assisted Living Executive Director is responsible for the overall operations of our assisted living and memory care program.
- Hiring exceptional, qualified staff; ongoing training and competency evaluation.
- Approaches residents, families, staff and visitors in a friendly, compassionate and service-oriented manner.
- Complies at all times with company, local and state standards and regulations to encourage safety and efficiency.
- All aspects of marketing the residence.
- All aspects of budgeting for the overall operations.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must be at least 21.
- NC Adult Care Home Administrator certification.
- College education required, degree is preferred.
- Three years of supervisory experience and experience in assisted living.
- Ability to manage a team, and possess and promote a team environment.
- Ability to work in an environment conductive to caring for seniors and be familiar with symptoms and behaviors of dementia and Alzheimer’s.
No applications will be accepted after July 1, 2013. To apply for this position, please e-mail résumés to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Career Centers
Here are some other resources to help with your job search:
- Careers at Atria
- Brookdale Senior Living
- Five Star Quality Care
- HHHunt Opportunities Locator
- Kisco Senior Living
- Liberty Healthcare/Long Term Care Management Services
- Ridge Care
- Senior Living Communities
- Sunrise Senior Living
- Singh Senior Living