Listed below are current assisted living job opportunties in NC. If you are a NCALA member company and are hiring for any level of staff, as a free member benefit you may have your job posting included here. For more information or to Post Job Ads on the NCALA Career Center: Read This.
What members are saying: “The NCALA Career Center is such a great service. I always have more response from there than an expensive ad in the newspaper. I have identified a great candidate!”
Current Job Listings:
- Executive Director, Columbus, NC
- VP of Training and Program Development, Charlotte, NC
- Vice President of Dining Services, Charlotte, NC
Executive Director, Columbus, NC - October 29, 2013
LaurelHurst/LaurelWoods is a premier assisted living, independent living, and memory care community conveniently located in Columbus, NC. We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our management team as the Executive Director.
The Executive Director serves as the community leader and is responsible for the occupancy, financial, human resource, and operations management of the community. The objective of the Executive Director is to ensure a warm, compassionate, and secure atmosphere encouraging independence and activity for all residents, while maintaining a profitable operation.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and two or more years of previous experience as an Executive Director or Administrator in the senior housing industry (IL, AL, LTC). Qualified candidates must possess current North Carolina Assisted Living Administrators certification. Strong verbal and written communication skills and computer skills are required. A desire to work with senior adults coupled with the ability to solve complex operational and “people” problems is also necessary. Candidates will also need to be able to work after regular working hours and work weekends and holidays as necessary.
To apply for this position, please forward résumé and cover letter to:
Gary J Vasquez
Capital Senior Living, Inc
Vice President of Training and Program Development - November 12, 2013
Check out our Career Opportunity! If you are interested in helping seniors live longer, happier and healthier lives, then we are interested in you!
Senior Living Communities is searching for a Vice President of Training and Program Development to support our portfolio of CCRC communities. The selected candidate will be responsible for the development and management of all company training standards/protocols, and operational programming guidelines and procedures for the company.
Qualified candidate should:
- Have 5+ years of demonstrated success in managing all facets of corporate and multi-site operational and training programs.
- Have educational training and/or relevant certifications in disciplines of wellness, healthcare, senior/assisted living, dementia care, human resource management, and organizational development.
- Have led and directed all aspects of community-level training and program development for managers and team members with a specific focus on, but not limited to, the areas of wellness, lifestyle enrichment, healthcare, assisted living and Alzheimer’s/dementia care services.
- Have created and communicated all training initiatives and new program development guidelines in accordance with applicable state and federal regulations, and company procedures, including any required or program-associated human resource best practices.
- Have proven experience communicating and exhibiting company vision, mission, and core values.
- Have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Have the ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Be willing to reside and work in Charlotte, NC.
Senior Living Communities is the owner and operator of 9 retirement communities located in the Southeastern and Midwestern United States. With an employee base of more than 1,100 professionals (including approximately 200 executive-level positions), Senior Living Communities serves and provides a catered lifestyle for retirees. All locations include independent living and assisted living services, and many include Alzheimer’s care and skilled nursing services. Coupled with its sister company, Live Long Well Care, which provides in-home aide and home health, Senior Living Communities is an industry trendsetter in long-term health. A three-time winner (2010, 2011, and 2012) of the Best of the Best Award from the Assisted Living Federation of America for its Wellness Programs, Senior Living Communities is regarded as the industry leader for Resident Health and Wellness. We are truly the groundbreaking standard-bearers when it comes to combining wellness, healthcare, and active living. Senior Living Communities is a drug free workplace.
To apply for this position: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=7109641
Vice President of Dining Services - November 27, 2013
Maxwell Group/Senior Living Communities is searching for a Vice President of Dining Services who is a results-generating leader with proven track record of training and developing dietary team members in the areas of cooking theory and practice, sanitation rules and regulations, customer service and budgets.
Primary responsibilities for the VP of Dining Services are as follows:
- Administrate and enforce dining services departmental policies and performance standards that encourage consistency and foster resident satisfaction through quality presentation and positive culinary experiences.
- Create, develop and implement an effective strategy for our Dining Service Departments, setting objectives for future growth.
- Participate in marketing—sales meetings—assisting communities with assembling creative menus consistent with our wellness philosophy.
- Create policies, goals, and systems designed to attract and retain residents and increase satisfaction using food-related programming.
- Take an active role in interviewing, on boarding, and training of food service management personnel at the community level.
- Assist and participate in the QA/CQI process ensuring quality performance in conformance with all healthcare regulations, standards, and laws; and resident satisfaction.
- Maintain departmental compliance with applicable federal and state laws governing food service.
- Review and evaluate menu management, cost of products, margins, and expenses.
- Analyze financial implications of food service operations and make recommendations to decrease expenses.
- Effectively manage the performance of the food service team in all communities.
- Develop and refine capital equipment order guides for the dining department, partnering with vendors to maximize efficiencies by using on-line ordering systems with established company guidelines.
- Influence buying power of organization in an order to reduce food service purchasing costs utilizing existing GPO and manage order guides.
- Reside and work in Charlotte, NC.
Qualified candidate should have:
- 5+ years of experience as a Regional Dining/Food Service Director or Executive Chef in a full CCRC setting.
- Healthcare/GPO purchasing experience.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Serv-Safe, as required by federal, state, and local requirements; Certified Dietary Manager or Registered Dietetic Technician preferred.
- Computer systems: POS, EMR, Web-based menu planning software, MPB or equivalent costing software, online ordering systems, and Microsoft Office.
Senior Living Communities is the owner and operator of 9 retirement communities located in the Southeastern and Midwestern United States. With an employee base of more than 1,200 professionals (including approximately 200 executive-level positions), Senior Living Communities serves and provides a catered lifestyle for retirees. All locations include independent living and assisted living services, and many include Alzheimer’s care and skilled nursing services. Coupled with its sister company, Live Long Well Care, which provides in-home aide and home health, Senior Living Communities is an industry trendsetter in long-term health. A three-time winner (2010, 2011, and 2012) of the Best of the Best Award from the Assisted Living Federation of America for its Wellness Programs, Senior Living Communities is regarded as the industry leader for Resident Health and Wellness. We are truly the groundbreaking standard-bearers when it comes to combining wellness, healthcare, and active living. Senior Living Communities is a drug free workplace.
To learn more about Senior Living Communities, check us out at: www.senior-living-communities.com.
To apply for this position: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=7353181
Other Career Centers
Here are some other resources to help with your job search:
- Careers at Atria
- Brookdale Senior Living
- Five Star Quality Care
- HHHunt Opportunities Locator
- Kisco Senior Living
- Liberty Healthcare/Long Term Care Management Services
- Ridge Care
- Senior Living Communities
- Sunrise Senior Living
- Singh Senior Living