What members are saying: “The NCALA Career Center is such a great service. I always have more response from there than an expensive ad in the newspaper. I have identified a great candidate!”
On This Page:
Listed below are assisted living job opportunities with NCALA Member companies:
Executive Director, Wilmington, NC - July 21, 2021
Morningside of Wilmington is a beautiful community in Wilmington, NC, with more than 80 units offering assisted living and Alzheimer’s care. We are currently looking for an experienced, certified North Carolina Assisted Living Administrator to join our team!
The Executive Director is responsible for providing comprehensive leadership for a senior living community in operational management, goal setting, and long-term growth. The Executive Director leads a team of employees with a positive, open-door atmosphere and effective communication, leading by example and ensuring outstanding attention to detail in resident care and wellbeing. The ED is accountable for staff management, development, and engagement; resident and family satisfaction; resident occupancy levels; regulatory and budget compliance; and sales and marketing activities in order to meet or exceed occupancy and revenue targets. The Executive Director actively promotes Five Star’s mission, philosophies, and values in all daily interactions with employees, residents, and families.
- Partners with regional, divisional, and corporate leadership on short- and long-term planning for the community, including supporting and implementation of change management initiatives.
- Responsible for hiring, training, coaching, developing, and motivating employees across all functional areas while providing regular performance feedback.
- Ensures sound fiscal management of the community through development, management, and adherence to the budget; completion of timely, accurate, and comprehensive fiscal reports; approval of capital expenditures; ensures the collection of rents and other monies due; and ensures the submission of payments to corporate AP.
- Ensures that employees are hired and screened in line with company policy and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Enhances and drives resident engagement and retention.
- Partners and consults with divisional Human Resources regarding employee-related matters including performance, disciplinary, and termination matters to align with Five Star policies.
- Assesses and manages staffing levels appropriate to occupancy to ensure needs of community and residents are met while adhering to budgetary requirements/fiscal health of the community.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations applicable to the facility and works with department heads or corporate legal as needed.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies governing the community by continually monitoring the operation of each service area and making changes as needed.
- Ensures a positive resident experience by building relationships with residents and setting exceptional standards for team performance.
- Fosters a smooth functioning, efficient operation through the timely and effective resolution of grievances from residents, families, and/or staff.
- Prepares and presents reports as required by regulatory agencies and Five Star corporate.
- Serves as a key partner in driving sales and occupancy in the community; in smaller communities, may be directly accountable for sales activities; partners with Regional Sales and Marketing Directors to understand competitive environment and drive sales.
- Keeps Regional Director of Operations informed of activities, needs, and problems.
- Responsible for monitoring building and facility needs to ensure safety and a pleasant living experience for residents.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
Skill, Ability, and Knowledge
- Passion for working with seniors.
- Bachelor’s degree and Administrator’s certification per state requirements.
- Prior experience as a General Manager, Executive Director, or Administrator within the health care industry.
- Demonstrated management experience with direct supervision of a team of at least 10, including hiring, coaching, performance management, and daily operations supervision.
- Demonstrated financial acumen, including deep familiarity with financial reporting, P&L statements, labor modeling, and controlling EBITDA.
- Experience in sales and marketing, identifying and building local relationships to drive business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to facilitate small group presentations.
- Proven ability to effectively handle multiple priorities.
- Computer proficiency, especially Microsoft Excel, Word, and Adobe Acrobat.
Applicants may apply directly on our company Web site at: https://careers.fivestarseniorliving.com/job-detail/executive-director-senior-living-957140
Back to Top
Executive Director, Raleigh, NC - July 26, 2021
At Cadence Living, we are all part of the same symphony. Our goal is to create positive and joyful experiences for our residents and their families. Just like musical notes on a sheet, every day is different at a Cadence Living community. We are looking for team members that are positive, collaborative, show leadership, are respectful and overflowing with integrity, care, and hard work. We offer competitive wages, benefits, training, and the opportunity for growth. We encourage you to apply and become part of our family today!
If you are passionate about your work and driven by the desire to create a life full of purpose for our residents, a Cadence Living community may be the place for you. We have a current opening for an Executive Director.
The community Executive Director will manage day-to-day operations of the community, including full P&L responsibility and serving as the community sales leader. The Executive Director plans, implements, and evaluates all aspects of the operations. Recruits and trains team members to create and maintain a highly functioning team environment. Maintains positive working relationships with all residents, resident family members, employees, and the business community. Complies with all local, state, and federal regulations and focuses on creating a safe working and living environment.
Become part of our family and find your Cadence.
- Bachelor’s degree in gerontology, business, or in a related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- 5–8 years of experience in retirement housing, hospitality, or health care management.
- Successful history of building sales and meeting financial goals.
- Knowledge of various computer systems, particularly MS Excel and Word.
- High degree of accuracy in all assignments; ability to manage time effectively, work with numerous interruptions.
- Strong in initiative, good judgment; employs professional ethics; has a pleasant manner, good communication skills, and the ability to motivate.
- Must possess valid driver's license.
- Capability to become certified as an administrator for assisted living within a prescribed timeframe in states requiring such.
Apply Online at: https://g.co/kgs/sDDXPi.
Back to Top
Other Career Centers
Here are some other resources to help with your job search:
How To Post an Ad
NCALA members hiring for any level of staff may post job ads here as a free member benefit. To post an opening, simply e-mail the text of your ad to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-members may post ads for $50/30 days. If you are a non-member and would like to post an ad to the NCALA Career Center, you can pay for your ad here.
Take a look above at existing ads to see what sort of information to provide. At a minimum, you should list any pre-requisites, give a location for the job, and provide a method for applying for the position.