What members are saying: “The NCALA Career Center is such a great service. I always have more response from there than an expensive ad in the newspaper. I have identified a great candidate!”
On This Page:
Listed below are assisted living job opportunities with NCALA Member companies:
Assisted Living Contract Surveyor, Statewide - May 20, 2021
ACHC (Accreditation Commission for Health Care) is currently recruiting Assisted Living Contract Surveyors to conduct surveys in accordance with their qualifications for our Assisted Living facilities and programs. The surveyor assists with standards interpretation for customers and accreditation staff and performs documentation review for related surveys as needed.
- Conduct new and renewal accreditation surveys adhering to all ACHC protocols.
- Provide best practice recommendations in accordance with evidence-based practice.
- Complete accurate and timely desk reviews.
- Provide standards interpretation for customers and accreditation department staff.
- Review survey documentation for accreditation staff as needed.
- Prepare and distribute correspondence as directed by following established procedures or by following specific instructions.
- Conduct complaint and focus surveys.
- Registered Nurse with active, unencumbered license required. Assisted Living Administrator Certification preferred.
- Five years of industry-specific experience that includes experience in assisted living facility administration and quality assurance oversight, including development and implementation of plans of correction.
- Extensive knowledge of assisted living regulations is a must.
- Solid experience in interpreting assisted living state licensure rules.
- Experience working with computer systems with proficient use of Microsoft Office and database programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to collaborate with staff and other surveyors.
- Minimum of 1 survey required per month; survey durations are 1–3 days.
- Ability to travel frequently via car and plane.
**To be considered, please send a current résumé to: email@example.com.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Back to Top
Assisted Living Administrator, Pinetown, NC - April 15, 2021
Responsible for the overall administration and operations of the facility; recruiting, hiring, training and supervision of staff and ongoing evaluation of their performance; marketing and admission of residents; establishing a professional relationship with regulatory agencies, family members and vendors; ensuring quality assurance and maintaining compliance with relevant laws and licensing rules.
- Carry out and promote the policies and procedures, mission and vision of Autumnfield of Belhaven.
- Carry out responsibilities in an accurate and timely manner to include financial management, environmental services of the community, resident care and services, as well as staffing requirements.
- Develop and carry out a Quality Assurance program to meet the community's overall goals and objectives utilizing established policies and procedures that address all regulatory, service, and operation areas.
- Maintain the facility’s budgeting system and assess the needs of the facility based upon departmental plans and budget assessments to determine the financial needs of each area of operation for future expenditure planning.
- Ensure the facility is appropriately and adequately supervised per the facility’s policies and state rules, to include developing a rotating On-Call schedule (May include some nights, weekends, and holidays).
- Promote and train on positive image building consistent with the community's commitment to quality services.
- Perform pre-screen reviews with prospective residents, his/her family members, responsible person, or appropriate persons to determine if appropriateness of placement.
- Recruit, interview, select, train, evaluate, and delegate responsibilities to all staff in order to ensure quality staff are hired to provide staffing needs on a continual basis.
- Assure staff successfully complete all training in order to apply the community's written accident, fire safety, and emergency procedures.
- Perform staff evaluations in accordance with the facility’s policies, quality standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Routinely review staff needs to include qualifications, strengths, weaknesses, and training completed or needed.
- Assure compliance with all OSHA standards, sanitation, safety, and building codes.
- Follow up with staff and resident complaints and grievances.
- Help maintain residents rights to include, self-respect, personal dignity, and physical safety of each resident.
- Be familiar with and ensure staff are able to apply all the home's accident, fire safety, OSHA, and emergency procedures.
- Be familiar with the Adult Care Home Residents' Bill of Rights and assist residents with exercising these rights.
- Maintain job-related continuing education as required for an Adult Care Home Administrator.
- Stay abreast of all regulatory updates and requirements and ensure the facility is operating at all times based on regulatory standards as well as the facility’s policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with and apply NC Medicaid standards for Adult Care Homes, including Personal Care Services and Supplemental Assistance requirements to ensure the facility is receiving payments and maintaining the requirements for these services.
- Maintain ethical standards of practice at all times.
- Must be a Certified Assisted Living Administrator, preferably with experience working in an Adult Care Home.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED or higher degree of learning.
- Must be able to read, write, understand, and follow directions.
- Must have no substantiated findings on the NC Personnel Registry or Health Care Program.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess good computer skills.
- Must have a clear SBI background check.
- Must be able to relate professionally and positively to residents and families and to work in a professional manner with employees, vendors, referral agencies, regulatory agencies, and the community at large.
Please apply online here.
Back to Top
Director of Clinical Services, Apex, NC - April 13, 2021
Navion Senior Solutions, a rapidly growing owner and operator of assisted living and memory care communities across North Carolina, is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to serve as its Director of Clinical Services at The Reserve at Mills Farm, a leading provider of Assisted Living & Memory Care services. At Navion Senior Solutions, our Director of Clinical Services is responsible for overseeing the delivery of resident care in a high-quality, cutting edge Assisted Living and Memory Care Community.
- Graduate of approved college/school of nursing.
- Have a current state license as a Registered Nurse.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in a management position in Long Term Care, Assisted Living, or Skilled Nursing with an underlying knowledge in the overall disease processes of the elderly, as well as a familiarity in dealing with residents that have a diagnosis of Dementia.
- Demonstrated knowledge of nursing practices, techniques, and methods as applied to resident care in the geriatric population found in assisted living and memory care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of federal, state, and local adult care regulations.
- Solid understanding of the requirements for resident assessments and the care planning process.
- Ability to handle multiple differentiating priorities.
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication with residents, families, and health care team members.
- Experienced in organizational, time management skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory and management experience.
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) with the ability to learn new applications.
The Reserve at Mills Farm maintains a drug-free work environment, and all offers of employment with The Reserve at Mills Farm are conditioned on submitting to and successfully completing and passing a drug and alcohol test.
About The Reserve at Mills Farm & Navion Senior Living
The Reserve at Mills Farm, a subsidiary of Navion Senior Living, is a locally owned and operated senior housing company whose leaders have 100+ years of senior housing management experience across the Southeast. Navion Senior Living’s principals are leaders in the senior housing industry and have a reputation for providing high-quality care to residents in a growth-oriented and familial work environment. We believe that team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families.
At The Reserve at Mills Farm, you will…
Make a Difference Every Day. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community. We care for residents and each other, and offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
Our Mission Statement
- Global Mission: To Enrich & Celebrate the Lives of our Residents, Families and Team Members.
- Resident Mission: To improve the physical and spiritual wellness of each resident.
- Community Mission: To share the rich legacy of our resident’s lives through on-going inter-generational programs.
- Team Member Mission: To offer rewarding career opportunities to every Team Member in an environment based on respect, openness and a cooperative spirit.
- Economic Mission: To excel in all aspects of our business so we can continue to fulfill our commitment to our team members, our resident and our communities.
Salary & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Navion Senior Living provides one of the senior housing industry’s most generous benefits packages and invests heavily in the growth of each employee.
Please apply online here: https://www.indeed.com/job/director-clinical-services-rn-ax-fdfc318235626767.
Back to Top
Other Career Centers
Here are some other resources to help with your job search:
How To Post an Ad
NCALA members hiring for any level of staff may post job ads here as a free member benefit. To post an opening, simply e-mail the text of your ad to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-members may post ads for $50/30 days. If you are a non-member and would like to post an ad to the NCALA Career Center, you can pay for your ad here.
Take a look above at existing ads to see what sort of information to provide. At a minimum, you should list any pre-requisites, give a location for the job, and provide a method for applying for the position.