Listed below are current assisted living job opportunties in NC. NCALA members hiring for any level of staff may post job ads here as a a free member benefit. Non-members may post ads at a cost of $50 per 30 days. For more information or to Post Job Ads on the NCALA Career Center: Read This.
What members are saying: “The NCALA Career Center is such a great service. I always have more response from there than an expensive ad in the newspaper. I have identified a great candidate!”
Current Job Listings:
Administrator, West Jefferson, NC - August 16, 2019
Ashe Assisted Living & Memory Care, located in the beautiful High Country of NC, is seeking an experienced and motivated leader to provide comprehensive direction and oversight to our assisted living and memory care program. We strive to provide resident-centered care that is driven by fostering dignity and respect, meaningful engagement, and purposeful living. The community is located on a campus where a variety of comprehensive services for older adults are provided. In addition, the community’s close proximity to a children’s center offers unique opportunities for intergenerational programming.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing all aspects of daily operations and ensuring compliance with all requirements of regulatory entities and the organization.
- Serving as liaison for residents and their families with physicians and other service providers to ensure comprehensive care and support.
- Maintaining occupancy by promoting services and partnering with referral sources.
- Overseeing financial operations to ensure budget expectations are maintained.
Qualifications may include either a Bachelor’s degree in a health or human services field, health care administration, nursing, or another related field. Prior experience in administration or management roles in the health care setting is preferred; must have current Administrator certification in NC or be willing to obtain within 6 months. The appropriate candidate should have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, enabling them to be the voice of Ashe Assisted Living & Memory Care.
A letter of interest and résumé should be submitted to Lisa Lambert, HR Director, at email@example.com.
For more information, please contact Lisa Lambert, HR Director, or Patricia Calloway, Executive Director at (336) 246-2461.
Director of Assisted Living, Southern Pines, NC - September 12, 2019
St Joseph of the Pines is proud to serve the older adults of the North Carolina Sandhills with a broad range of lifestyle and health choices for seniors. We offer a full aging service network with life plan communities, health care, and home- and community-based services for older adults, as well as community outreach to those in need, that is unrivaled in the beautiful Sandhills region of North Carolina.
St Joseph of the Pines is currently seeking a Director of Assisted Living for The Coventry, our assisted living community. Under the direction of the Administrator, in cooperation and collaboration with the Assisted Living Team, the Director of Assisted Living will: provide clinical management and leadership to assist the resident in maintaining the highest level of independence possible; and direct the overall management of the Assisted Living unit of SJP in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations, our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Administrator.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Establish and/or maintain departmental procedures that support the necessary operational functions for the assisted living community.
- Maintain department budget and place orders for equipment and supplies as necessary.
- Determine departmental staffing requirements and assist in the recruitment, interviewing, and selection of personnel for the department.
- Monitor department work hours (including vacation and holiday schedules), personnel (if applicable), work assignments, etc, to ensure proper workflow and adequate staffing levels in compliance with state minimum regulations and sanctuary budgeted PPD hours.
- Evaluate, develop, mentor, coach, counsel, and discipline department staff. Support community personnel from other departments through coaching and mentoring to help achieve optimum standard of excellence. Address issues of concern through courageous conversation and notify department manager of any interactions requiring attention.
- Participate in community surveys and when necessary develop a plan of correction for department deficiencies.
- Complete pre-admission assessments on all prospective residents to determine appropriate placement; initiate clinical baseline resident profile upon admission; complete resident and family interviews, physician diagnosis, medications, laboratory reports, and other patient information.
- Direct and oversee care delivery of residents; monitor acuity level of all residents to assure appropriate continued stay in assisted living; provide clinical guidance to non-licensed personnel in implementing interventions, and required follow-up.
- Responds to emergency situations, gathers data pertinent to emergencies, takes appropriate action, and notifies appropriate parties. Ensures that all personnel participate in fire safety and disaster preparedness drills and follow establish infection control procedures.
- Directs, manages, and monitors incident reporting to assure complete documentation of occurrences. Analyzes data and develops appropriate action plans, identifies trends, patterns, and outcomes. Provides these plans and trends to various committees attended.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an effective orientation program that orients the new associate to the community, its policies and procedures, and to his/her job position and duties.
- Review complaints and grievances made by the resident and make a written/oral report to the Administrator/Executive Director indicating what action(s) were taken to resolve the complaint or grievance.
- Serves as participant in “on-call” rotation for Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing Units as assigned.
- Directs, manages, and performs new hire 2 step TB test process and/or chest x-ray process.
- May be asked to transport residents in a company vehicle to and from appointments, shopping, etc.
- Make referral to physician for agency needs, such as home care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy.
- Must function independently, make independent decisions, demonstrate flexibility, personal integrity, and ability to work effectively with residents and personnel.
- Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with the community policies and procedures.
- Maintain a working knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, Trinity Health Senior Communities Corporate Integrity Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical, and professional behavior.
Education and Experience:
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved RN/LPN program.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
- Knowledgeable of regulations and guidelines for assisted living.
- Previous experience working in long-term care or with the geriatric population preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must lead by example and possess superior customer service skills and professionalism.
- Flexibility to adapt to ongoing change and work in a fast-paced, customer-driven environment.
- Interpersonal skills to drive collaboration, commitment, and productivity when working with cross-functional teams, customers, and end-users.
- Self-starter, highly motivated with high energy level.
- Demonstrates superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Basic to intermediate proficiency with Microsoft product suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc); basic knowledge and experience with electronic mail and calendaring system in PC LAN environment. Ability to type with speed and accuracy.
- Possesses a high degree of personal accountability, responsibility, and independent decision-making abilities with the skills to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the organization.
To apply for this position, please visit the Trinity Health career center Web site.
Other Career Centers
Here are some other resources to help with your job search:
- Careers at Atria
- Brookdale Senior Living
- Five Star Senior Living
- HHHunt Opportunities Locator
- Kisco Senior Living
- Liberty Healthcare/Long Term Care Management Services
- Ridge Care
- Elmcroft Senior Living
- Senior Lifestyle
- Senior Living Communities
- Sunrise Senior Living
- Singh Senior Living