Listed below are current assisted living job opportunties in NC. NCALA members hiring for any level of staff may post job ads here as a a free member benefit. Non-members may post ads at a cost of $50 per 30 days. For more information or to Post Job Ads on the NCALA Career Center: Read This.
What members are saying: “The NCALA Career Center is such a great service. I always have more response from there than an expensive ad in the newspaper. I have identified a great candidate!”
Current Job Listings:
- Director of Nursing, Mooresville, NC
- Executive Director, Huntersville, NC
- Regional Director of Operations, Central NC
Director of Nursing, Mooresville, NC - September 19, 2018
Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living, and memory care communities in 190 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 21,000 seniors and the workplace of choice for more than 14,600 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them continue making a difference in our world.
- Supervise, develop, and schedule the resident services staff according to Atria’s policies, procedures, and standards.
- Establish and maintain a medication system which adheres to state, federal, and company laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Perform assessments and reassessments to determine resident needs and establish appropriate service plans.
- Operate the Resident Services Department within budget and according to Atria’s policies, procedures, and standards.
- Complete daily Quality Enhancement reviews to ascertain if the department is meeting state regulations and Atria policies.
- Act as a contact for issues related to resident care within the community.
- Ensure adherence to company policy, state health and safety codes, and federal regulations for assisted living communities.
- Schedule and supervise staff; be available to cover staffing when needed.
- Administer medications as allowed per state specific guidelines when required.
- Provide activities of daily living assistance to the residents as needed.
- Provide training and orientation to new assisted living staff members and ongoing training to current staff members.
- Communicate to residents, families, department heads, resident services staff, and Executive Director in an effective and respectful manner as needed.
- Support hospitality, leasing, and sales processes with promotion of a positive image of Atria.
- (Clinical Related Matters)—Partner with the Life Guidance Director in maintaining active community and professional ties with clinical and non-clinical contacts.
- (Clinical Related Matters)—Partner with the Life Guidance Director in acting as a contact for issues related to resident care within the community.
- Partner with and otherwise assist the Life Guidance Director in supervising, developing, and scheduling the staff according to Atria’s policies, procedures and standards.
- Partner with and otherwise assist the Life Guidance Director in establishing and maintaining a medication system that adheres to state, federal and company laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Partner with the Life Guidance Director in providing training and orientation to new assisted living staff members and ongoing training to current staff members.
- Deliver and attend required training for self and employee partners.
- Maintain positive relations with residents’ families and physicians.
- Maintain active community and professional ties.
- May drive company vehicle from community to social and other various destinations (only if required by community).
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a registered nurse, licensed practical nurse, or licensed vocational nurse licensed to practice as required by state regulations.
- Experience in direct patient care and assessments/observation of clinical conditions.
- Experience in recruiting, training, and managing people in the healthcare field.
- Experience at department head level in assisted living or a related industry.
- CPR certified and knowledge of basic first aid.
- Experience coordinating educational events.
- Must successfully complete the Atria medication management training and all other Atria-specified training programs.
- Must complete all state-required training to maintain licensure or certification.
- Able to work flexible hours due to the demands of the position.
- Position requires driving responsibilities (may use company provided vehicle and/or personal vehicle).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must satisfactorily meet and be in compliance with Atria motor vehicle policy standards.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer. Atria provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria also does not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on these protected classifications. We require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination- and harassment-free work environment.
Apply online at AtriaSeniorLiving.com and click the Careers link to apply!
Executive Director, Huntersville, NC - October 22, 2018
Carillon Assisted Living, a Raleigh-based company in the business of building and operating assisted living communities for the elderly, is seeking to hire an Executive Director for our community in Huntersville, North Carolina. Carillon currently has 22 communities in North Carolina with more in the development pipeline.
The Executive Director is responsible for the establishment of community budgets, ensuring the financial performance of the community within or ahead of budget; and the accurate, timely reporting of financial performance to the Raleigh office. Responsible for the operation and management of the community in accordance with Carillon’s policies and procedures; federal, and state, and local laws; and DFS and DSS regulations. The Executive Director is responsible for marketing and public relations activities to maintain occupancy goals, including the evaluation and admission process. Ensures resident satisfaction and achievement of realistic plan-of-care goals, including the coordination of all resident service activities; also responsible for hiring, training, and scheduling community staff.
NC Assisted Living Administrator Certification required or ability to obtain certification.
- A Passion for working with seniors.
- College degree BA/BS, preferably in Business Administration, Hospital Administration, Hospitality, or health-related field.
- Must have a minimum of three years of executive managerial experience in senior living, health care, or hospitality industries.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate a warm, outgoing, and compassionate personality.
- Must have demonstrated integrity, maturity, and leadership skills.
- Must have knowledge of community agencies and appreciation for social/life history status of the residents.
If interested, please email your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regional Director of Operations, Central NC - October 22, 2018
Carillon Assisted Living, the premier Assisted Living company in North Carolina, is seeking a talented, energetic, and experienced Regional Director of Operations (central North Carolina) to be based in the central region of North Carolina. The ideal candidate will have 4 years of operational experience in a regional role with a quality provider overseeing 7–10 communities in the assisted living or other senior living industries.
The Regional Director of Operations oversees the opening and on-going operation of Carillon's assisted living communities according to the quality standards, operating efficiency levels, financial performance standards, and timetables established by the company. Develop and implement Carillon's total operating system for community-level operations including staffing and related human relations activities, medical record and care plan management, health care services, dietary, activities programming, housekeeping, Alzheimer's programming, regulatory and licensing compliance, budget development, and financial performance.
- 4 years of experience in a regional operations role over a minimum of 5–10 communities, AL or other senior living experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Knowledge of operating standards, quality assurance, operating benchmarks, and managing and motivating team members.
- Ability to analyze financial data and financial reports and statements.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team.
If interested, please email your résumé to email@example.com.
Other Career Centers
Here are some other resources to help with your job search:
- Careers at Atria
- Brookdale Senior Living
- Five Star Senior Living
- HHHunt Opportunities Locator
- Kisco Senior Living
- Liberty Healthcare/Long Term Care Management Services
- Ridge Care
- Elmcroft Senior Living
- Senior Lifestyle
- Senior Living Communities
- Sunrise Senior Living
- Singh Senior Living